21 May 2012

Old Time Yellowstone

I found these postcards at an antique store a few years ago and they've been hiding in a drawer waiting for some sort of presentation. They are the good old kind - thick, shiny and grainy. I glued them to plywood and now they are ready for some wall time.
Landscape paintings and scenes are so mesmerizing to me, even the super cheesy ones. There is so much to look at, and so many hidden crevices to get lost in. It's like lazy book reading - lots of stories, but no words to bounce over, synthesize, and digest.
I worked in Yellowstone National Park for a summer when I was a young lass and didn't get much time to explore as there were lots of overcooked burgers and Sysco potato salads to be served, but I did get time to experience the otherworldly geothermal landscapes of bubbling mud pots and brilliant deep turquoise pools of sulfuric water.

It's humbling to say the least, and gives me some serious Earth love. Our planet is so easily taken for granted, and I don't mean in the obvious ways of harmful extraction and destruction, but in sheer amazement for how it continues to operate, for what's going on below our feet and in the air that travels to our lungs to keep us moving. Lucky for us, it's incredibly resilient and doesn't judge us for our oversights. 

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love watching your work take different shapes and forms. Such vision and talent you possess! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tools-Tutorials & Fullz

    Wickr/Skype @peeterhacks
    TG/ICQ @killhacks

    Hac-king stuff with all Tools & Tutorials
    Spa-mming Tools & Tutorials with guides
    Loan Methods
    Carding Latest Methods for Cash out & Transfers
    BTC C-racker/Fl-asher
    Logins/I.P's/Proxies
    Kali Linux Master Class
    F***d B***e 2021/2022
    Mailers/Senders/SMTP's/RDP's
    C-panel's/Shell's/Web-mailer's

    CC-Fullz
    SSN-DOB-DL Fullz
    High-CS Fullz
    DUMPS with pin-codes 101-202
    Bussiness-E.I.N Fullz

    Many other tools & Tutorials are available
    Genuine & Fresh Fullz
    Valid Stuff with guarantee, Invalid will be replace
    Contact for more info

    TG/ICQ @killhacks
    Wickr/Skype @peeterhacks

    ReplyDelete